Edmonton Company Awarded a Site C Contract
Prince George, B.C. – Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd (MCEL) out of Edmonton, has been awarded a contract for preparation activity on the north bank of the Site C dam.
The work will include:
- constructing approximately seven kilometres of access roads on the north bank of the Site C dam site,
- excavating about two million cubic metres of material,
- producing and stockpiling approximately 100,000 cubic metres of aggregate material for use by other contractors at the dam site, and
- clearing and grubbing of approximately 55 hectares.
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd describes itself as “an oilfield construction company” that has more than half of century of working for resource corporations. According to the company’s website, MCEL has experience in projects of all sizes, and says the company excels in “completing our tasks within scheduled timeframes, on budget, and with the utmost workplace safety.”
Work under this contract is expected to start in early August and be complete by the end of June 2016. This work will make the site ready for the start of the main civil works in early 2016. is required to prepare the site for the start of main civil works in early 2016.
The awarding of this contract is one of several announced by BC Hydro. The others are:
- L.Sims and Sons Ltd for improvement of public roads accessing the dam site
- Paul Paquette and Son’s Contracting to clear the south bank of the dam site
- ATCO Two rivers Lodging Group Ltd named preferred proponent for Site C worker accommodation contract
Some comments have been removed, some have been edited to remove the personal attacks. You are reminded , once again, that your comments should pertain to the content of the story.
If you are not able to stay within those parameters, then commenting privileges may be removed.