BCNE Opens Today
Prince George, B.C.- It has been a part of summer in Prince George for more than a hundred years, and today will see the 2015 edition of the BCNE get underway and it won’t cost you a dime today to get through the gates.
Today has been labelled “Sneak Peek” day, with the fair offering free admission for today only. For the balance of the fair, admission will be $10 for adults, $5.00 for seniors, $5 for youth aged 12-17 and kids 11 and under get in free. Also new this year, free parking for the duration of the fair.
The annual fair is five days this year, with the gates opening at 10 a.m.
Here are the highlights of today’s events:
- Kin 1 – Vendors and Northern Taste Market from (10 am to 6 pm)
- Kin 2 -Craft Fair and Home and Horticulture (10 am to 6pm)
- 4-H Goat (9-10 am)
- 4-H Swine (10-2 pm)
- Canadian Horse Harness (11 am to 1 pm)
- 4-H Horse Showmanship (3 pm – 6 pm)
- Top Dog Demo (7pm -9pm)
- Midway ( opens at 5 pm – 11 pm)
The fair also offers the following on each day of the fair:
- Midway rides
- Richard’s Racers (12:30, 2:30. 5 pm 7 pm)
- Petting Farm (10 am-2pm and 3 pm to 7 pm)
- Tractor Rides (11 am to 5 pm)
- Saloon (2 pm to 11 pm)
- Food court