City’s New Parking Rules in Effect
Tuesday, September 13, 2016 @ 12:51 PM
Prince George, B.C. – The City of Prince George’s new parking rules go into effect today.
This after city council finalised amendments to their Parking and Traffic Bylaw at last night’s council meeting.
The new rules are as follows:
- Most fines are $50
- Fines related to being too close to a cross walk or fire hydrant are now $75.
- Fines related to parking in a disabled stall are now $100.
- After the third infraction of overtime parking, the fine will be $75 for each infraction after that. The fine will remain $75 thereafter, and does not reset.
- As before, there is no reduction for early payment of fines.
- The new three-hour time limit downtown will not change until the signage is changed and the city installs its license plate recognition software. This is expected to occur sometime in October. The city will communicate to the public when the software is about to be installed.
- Tickets issued prior to today are still at the old rates.