PG Public Library Evacuated – Update
Prince George, B.C. – A burnt out ventilation fan lead to the evacuation of the Bob Harkins branch of the Prince George Public Library today.
Library controller for facilities and finance Jody Tindill says it happened at around 12:30 this afternoon.
“It caused a lot of smoke from the burning rubber and burning parts so it was an electrical smell and actual smoke was coming into the library so we had to evacuate.”
She says approximately 80 library patrons were inside at the time and notes there were no injuries. Due to the amount of smoke inside she says the library has decided to close for the rest of today but will reopen Sunday.
“It’s unfortunate when these things happen but we’ll deal with it today and open up again tomorrow.”