250 News - Your News, Your Views, Now

October 27, 2017 8:34 pm

Trio Arrested in Stolen Truck Investigation

Thursday, October 27, 2016 @ 1:30 PM

Prince George, B.C. – Three men are in police custody in relation to a property crime investigation.policecarnew

Prince George RCMP Corporal Craig Douglass says it’s in light of an incident this Tuesday when police received a report of a stolen GMC pick-up, which had a Kawasaki dirt bike in the bed of the truck, from a residence on Sanderson Road, off Westwood Drive.

Yesterday at 2:00 p.m. he says police located and arrested a man in possession of the dirt bike on the Yellowhead Bridge on Highway 16.

The suspect was identified as 28-year-old Prince George resident Devon Albert Olson. Olson, who is well known to police, was also found in possession of body armour that had been stolen last month.

At 3:30 p.m. yesterday Douglass says police then located the stolen pick-up truck being driven on 12th Avenue near Harper Street.

He says police attempted to stop the vehicle but the driver rammed a police car and fled the scene. A few minutes later, Douglass says the two occupants abandoned the truck in an alley between Alward Street and Wainwright Street and fled on foot.

With the help of the Police Dog Service Team, the suspects were arrested a few minutes later on the 100 block of Carney Street without incident.

The suspects were identified as 24-year-old Prince George resident Garth Andrew Lee and 22-year-old James Edgars of Prince Rupert. Douglass says Lee is well known to police and was recently convicted of the Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle and because of that was prohibited from driving.

Lee has been charged with multiple charges including Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000, Flight from Police and Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle.

Edgar has been charged with Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5,000, two counts of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 and Possession of Body Armour without a Permit.

All three accused were held in custody overnight and will make their first appearance in court today.


Comments for this article are closed.