PG Asked to Help Pack the P-C
Friday, December 2, 2016 @ 5:53 AM
Prince George, B.C.- Tomorrow, from 9-3pm, the Prince George RCMP is hoping you will turn out to help Pac the P-C to help seniors in this community.
Volunteers, and Mounties, will he on hand at the four local Save-On-Foods Stores looking for donations that will fill a police cruiser with non-perishable food items. All of the donations will go to the Prince George Council of Seniors.
Prince George RCMP are hoping area residents will pick up an extra item or two while doing their regular shopping to help load the police cruiser when they leave the store.
Items suggested for donation include:
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruits packed in water, 100% unsweetened fruit juice or fruit sauce
- Oatmeal or other hot cereals
- Rice or barley
- Canned fish, chicken, ham or corned beef
- Peanut butter
- Canned or dry beans and lentils
- Canned evaporated milk, milk powder or shelf stable UHT milk
- Fortified plant-based beverages (soy, rice or coconut)
- Canned soups or stews (LOW IN SODIUM preferred)
- Facial tissue, toilet tissue, paper towel (INDIVIDUALLY wrapped packages appreciated)
Volunteers will also accept cash and grocery store gift cards for donation to the Council.
Comments for this article are closed.