Police Detain Nine More Impaired Drivers
Prince George, B.C. – Another busy weekend for the Prince George RCMP CounterAttack traffic services team.
Stats released this morning show four drivers were taken off the road for drunk driving and another five for being impaired by drugs.
Here are the complete results from Friday and Saturday nights:
- Four impaired by alcohol – One 90-day Immediate Roadside Prohibition (IRP), with 30-day impoundment. Two three day IRPs and one 24-hour suspension for alcohol.
- Five 24-hour suspensions for drugs
- 22 speeding violations
- Two intersection-related violations
- Three distracted driving violations (cell phone use)
- Two seatbelt vi0lations
- Two driving without a license
- Three no insurance violations
- One driving with consideration
- One driving without due care and attention
- One stunting violation (with impoundment)
- 21 administrative violations
- One vehicle equipment infraction
- Four vehicle inspection orders for non-compliance
- Three drug seizures (no charges)
The nine drivers taken off the road for alcohol or drug use was up from seven last weekend when six drivers were nailed for being impaired by alcohol and one by drugs.
On the opening weekend three drivers were found impaired by alcohol and one by drugs.
According to the provincial government 66 people on average are killed each year in B.C. due to impaired driving.