Truck on Fraser River Ice Had Been Stolen
Prince George, B.C.- RCMP in Prince George say the truck that was recovered from the ice on the Fraser river on Sunday, had been reported stolen the night before.
(at right, Search and Rescue personnel return to river bank after determining no one in vehicle- photo 250news)RCMP say the 2003 Ford F-350 had been stolen from a mall parking lot while the owner was Christmas shopping. As 250News reported on Sunday, the vehicle was found on the ice on the Fraser River. ( see previous story)
No one has been arrested in relation to this theft, but the investigation is continuing.
Since early morning on Friday December 16th, Prince George RCMP have received seven other reports of stolen vehicles or attempted stolen vehicles:
- White 2008 Ford F350 stolen from the 2600 block of Prince George Pulpmill Road (rear BC licence plate JN8255). Still outstanding;
- 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix stolen from the 6500 block of Southridge Avenue. Vehicle was left running with the keys in the ignition while owner was shopping. The vehicle was located near 2nd Avenue and George Street;
- 1998 Plymouth Voyager stolen from Cherry Avenue. The vehicle was used in an Armed Robbery the night before (2016-39861). See previous media release;
- 2000 Chevy Silverado pick-up stolen from the 200 block of North Ospika Boulevard. Vehicle was located in Quesnel, BC;
- Attempted theft of a 2001 GMC Sierra pick-up from the 900 block of Ahbau Street. Suspect(s) were unable to get the vehicle started;
- Attempted theft of a Chevrolet Suburban from the 900 block of Ahbau Street. Suspect(s) were unable to get the vehicle started, but stole the tires and rims off the vehicle. They have not yet been located;
- Attempted theft of a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado pick-up from Goheen Place. Suspect(s) were unable to get the vehicle started.
Police wish to remind the public to use an anti-theft device such as an immobilizer and to never leave your in keys in your vehicle.