250 News - Your News, Your Views, Now

October 27, 2017 7:07 pm

Crews Respond to Downtown Fire – Update

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 @ 11:22 AM

Photo 250News

Prince George, B.C. – Prince George Fire Rescue responded to an electrical fire at a building on Fifth Avenue and Victoria earlier today.

It broke out around 10:30 on the second floor of an office building which forced the evacuation of everyone inside.

Assistant Fire Chief John Law says fire crews arrived to find smoke and the smell of burnt electrical wires and later discovered it was due to an electrical boiler malfunction that shorted out.

He adds “the fire was out upon arrival due to the fast acting residents that deployed an extinguisher then exited the building.”

Law says there were no injuries and that a damage estimate is not yet available.



Good thing their Insurance broker is right underneath them eh…

was watching the action.. didnt see any smoke…so maybe got it out fast :)

Glad I wasn’t in the middle of a surgery

Comments for this article are closed.