One Man Charged, Stolen Property Recovered, in Firearms Related Incident
Prince George, B.C. – A 31-year-old Prince George man is facing multiple charges following a firearms incident over the weekend.
Prince George RCMP Cpl. Craig Douglass says it all started just after 10:30 a.m. Sunday when police received a report of a man pointing a gun on Claxton Crescent. He says the suspect fled the area in a vehicle before police were called.
Douglass says police attended the area and located the suspect vehicle near Enemark Crescent and Ospika Boulevard but the driver failed to stop and fled the area.
Just after noon, he says the suspect was located and arrested on foot near the corner of Westwood Drive and Ferry Avenue while police also found and seized the vehicle on Fairview Crescent.
Douglass says search warrants were executed on both the vehicle and the residence but they did not find a firearm. They did however find and seize over $7,500 worth of clothing believed to have been stolen from at least one of the two break and enters that occurred at a business on Domano Boulevard earlier this month (see previous story here).
Samuel Jacob Chapman has been charged with the following offences:
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
- Possession of a controlled substance (two counts).
The investigation is ongoing and Chapman, who is originally from Kelowna and recently relocated to Prince George, will make his first court appearance tomorrow.
Comments for this article are closed.