Integris Credit Union Helps Out
Prince George, B.C. – There has been no shortage of Prince George businesses stepping up to do whatever they can to assist the more than 8 thousand evacuees who are now staying in Prince George until the wildfire situation is such that they can return home.
Mutual Fire Insurance donated $10 thousand dollars, and asked the folks at Integris Insurance, a division of Integris Credit Union and a broker for Mutual Fire ,to use that money in whatever way was needed to assist the evacuees.
Integris topped up that fund with another $5 thousand and after talking with the Salvation Army about the immediate needs, the $5 thousand was used to buy pillows and sheet sets.
( at right, an Integris truck delivers pillows and sheet sets to the Evacuation Reception Centre at CNC)
The dollars have also been used
- Deliver food, propane, and gas cards to fire fighters
- Purchase toys, games, and books for young children
- Buy essentials for pets like food, medication, and a refrigerator for medicine storage. Fridge donated to SPCA
- Purchase board games for youth aged 12 to 18
- Purchase water, batteries, and gas cards for the Pet Safe Coalition
Integris will be at CNC this evening, putting on a bar-b-q for the evacuees at CNC.
Mutual Fire Insurance and Integris have now issued a challenge to the insurance industry to make a donation a local organization in a city with a crisis centre to help evacuees and first responders. Those who take up the challenge are urged to post it to social media using the hashtag #BCstrong