October Roadside Checks Discover Numerous Violations
Prince George, B.C. – It has been a busy month for the Prince George Regional Traffic Services of the RCMP. Working with the Commercial Vehicle Safety Enforcement, Conservation Officers, WorkSafeBC , Ministry of Transportation and Natural resource Officers, several road checks were conducted in Prince George, Vanderhoof and Quesnel.
With so many agencies involved, there were a variety of checks that could be done on different kinds of vehicles to ensure they are road worthy . Most of the checks produced a positive result, but several other drivers found they had to make immediate repairs while others had their vehicles taken off the roads until those repairs are completed.
Here are the numbers for the various violations:
- 98 – Violation tickets for illegal lamps
- 143 – Violation tickets for other offences including: – No Driver’s Licence’s, Defective Vehicles, Fail to comply with condition of species licence to Fail to ensure timber is marked
- 249 – Notice and orders that repairs were required
- 25 – Notice and orders of 30 days to complete repairs with a complete vehicle inspection required
- 5 – Notice and orders which saw the vehicle immediately removed from roadway with a complete vehicle inspection required
- 4 – Wildlife Act Seizures and Charges
- 2 – Prohibited driver
- 1 – vehicle impoundment
- 1 – Impaired driver – 3 day Immediate Roadside Prohibition
- 1 – Impaired driver – 7 day Immediate Roadside Prohibition
- 3 – no case drug seizure
Of the Commercial Vehicles checked:
- 20 of the 55 commercial vehicles checked for CVSA Level 1 Inspections passed the inspection.
- 21 Units had Violation(s) Present 14 and Units had Out-Of-Service Conditions
- 34 units were given a CVSA Level 2 Inspection of which 5 passed
- . 24 – Units had Violation(s) Present and 5 – Units had Out Of Service Conditions
- And for the CVSE level 3 inspection, 2 were inspected, one had violations, the other was found to have “out of service” conditions.