Christmas Tree Permits Available
Prince George, B.C.- For some, finding the perfect Christmas tree is an all day outing to the bush, and that means getting a permit if you plan to cut one that’s on Crown land.You can get your permit online, or by contacting the local district or office of Front Counter BC.
Free use permits are for personal use only, cutting a tree and selling it under the Christmas tree permit , or cutting in an unauthorized area is illegal. The Local district office can give you details on approved harvest areas, and information on cutting requirements.
You can get your free permit online by visiting the Ministry’s Christmas Tree website
When cutting a Christmas tree, keep the following tips in mind:
* Leave home prepared. Bring ropes, gloves, tools, tire chains, a first aid kit, a mobile phone and warm clothing.
* Drive carefully. Be prepared for logging trucks:
* Make sure you have found the tree you will use before cutting to avoid wasting forest resources. Some permits specify only one tree can be cut.
* Choose a tree that can be cut near the base and is easy to transport.
Wasted tree remains left in the forest form a summer fire hazard.
* Clean up and remove all debris associated with your activity.