250 News - Your News, Your Views, Now

October 28, 2017 12:54 am

PG Fire Rescue at the Ready

Sunday, January 3, 2016 @ 3:12 PM

Prince George, B.C. – While a good many residents chose to remain indoors as much as possible during a chilly first weekend of 2016, Prince George Fire Rescue crews were busy answering the call.

On top of responding to medical situations and alarm systems that went a little wonky in the cold, firefighters also suited up to deal with reported fires.  One was a chimney fire call at about 1:45 pm today in a house on Heritage Crescent off Otway Road near Tabor Boulevard.  Two trucks were dispatched.

Captain Kevin Woodhouse says there was no actual fire.  “The homeowners simply didn’t open the flue in their fireplace so when they lit the fire in the fireplace it just smoked out the residence.  So we’re just venting it out, opened the flue for them and that’s it, no damage, no flames.”  He says a portion of the house and garage filled with smoke.

Firefighters also dealt on the weekend with a fire that fully engulfed a sanding truck on Foley Crescent, off River Road.  That fire occurred on Saturday.  No injuries are reported in either incident.



The thought of opening the flue, flue right by us………

………and kicked us in the ash…..

We have walked by and admired that house numerous times. Embarrassing mistake that I’m sure they won’t make again. A shame the Fire crew were dispatched.

Comments for this article are closed.