Crews Douse Apartment Fire – Update
Prince George, B.C. – Emergency crews responded to an apartment fire in Prince George this morning.
It broke out at about 10:30 at Westridge Place at Azure Avenue and Foothills Boulevard.
“On arrival crews found smoke on the second and third floors,” says Prince George Fire Rescue Deputy Chief Cliff Warner. “It looks like there was some renovations or some type of construction going on in one of the suites that sparked a bit of a fire.”
He says the blaze forced the evacuation of roughly 30 residents though it doesn’t appear any of them were injured.
Warner says crews are still on scene “mopping up” and notes RCMP’s victim services and the City’s emergency social services were on scene to start helping those that may be affected.
No word yet on damages.