TalkTober Plans Set
Prince George, B.C. – It’s still over a month away, but the dates and locations for “TalkTober” have been set.
As was the case last October, City Staff and members of Council will be visiting various neighbourhoods in October to collect feedback on issues residents deem important.
The dates and locations for the 2016 version of TalkTober are as follows:
- College Heights – Wednesday, October 12, 6:30pm, Columbus Community Centre in College Heights
- Hart – Tuesday, October 18, 6:30pm, Hart Community Centre
- Blackburn – Thursday, October 20, 6:30pm, Blackburn Community Hall City Centre
- Monday, October 24, 4:30pm, a downtown location yet to be confirmed
- Bowl – Wednesday, October 26, 6:30pm, College of New Caledonia atrium
All TalkTober events are open to all residents of the City regardless of address.
This fall, the themes will be :
- Parks, Recreation, and Well-being
- Roads, Utilities, and Transit
- Planning and Development
Each neighbourhood conversation will wrap up with a question-and-answer session hosted by the Mayor with Councillors and City staff on hand to participate as well.
Mayor Lyn Hall says the first “TalkTober” was “very successful”.
This year, instead of having a session in the “East Bowl and West Bowl, there is one session at CNC, and there will be another in the downtown area. The plan also calls for just one event in College Heights while last year there had been two ( College Heights and Vanway). “If we have to have another one, I think we can accommodate that” said Mayor Hall.
While the information gathered at these sessions will be used during the budget discussions, the sessions are not the only way residents can have a say on budget planning. There will also be a an online budget simulation launched in October. That simulation will collect feedback about what residents see as budget priorities.