Tree Cutting Tips for the Holidays
Prince George, B.C.- It’s the time of the season when folks head to the woods to get the perfect Christmas tree, but be sure you have a permit to cut down that evergreen.
You can get a permit online by clicking here, and then, clicking on the area office . The permit will load as a PDF and there is no charge as long as the tree is for personal use. Selling a tree that’s been cut under a Christmas tree permit or cutting a tree in an unauthorized area is illegal.
Permits can also be picked up at the Local FrontCounter BC office.
When cutting a Christmas tree, keep the following tips in mind:
* Make sure you are prepared , bring ropes, gloves, tools, tire chains, a first aid kit, a mobile phone and warm clothing.
* Drive carefully. Be prepared for logging trucks:
* Make sure you have found the tree you will use before cutting to avoid wasting forest resources. Some permits specify only one tree can be cut.
* Choose a tree that can be cut near the base and is easy to transport. Wasted tree remains left in the forest form a summer fire hazard.
* Clean up and remove all debris associated with your activity.