Counter Attack Nabs Six Impaired Drivers Over the Weekend
Prince George, B.C. – Another busy weekend conducting road checks for the Prince George RCMP.
Officers were out Friday and Saturday night as part of their annual Counter Attack program which aims to keep drunk drivers off the road.
Six drivers were found to be impaired by alcohol – double the amount found last weekend. This weekend’s impaired include three 90-day immediate roadside prohibitions, one seven-day prohibition and two three day prohibitions.
Here are the rest of the results:
- 1 impaired by drugs (24-hour suspension)
- 8 speeding violations
- 2 intersection-related violations
- 2 distracted driving violations (cell phones)
- 1 unlicensed driver, with 7-day vehicle impoundment
- 3 no insurance violations
- 3 administrative violations
- 3 vehicle inspection orders for non-compliance
Police will be out the entire holiday season targeting impaired drivers and recommend using a designated driver, transit, taxi or Operation Red Nose if you plan on drinking.