250 News - Your News, Your Views, Now

October 27, 2017 5:50 pm

Pot on Stove Cause of Apartment fire

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 @ 9:12 AM

Prince George, B.C. – Prince George Fire rescue  has determined the  fire  in a  a 6th avenue apartment building  last evening was caused by a pot  on the stove.

Prince George Fire rescue responded to the  fire  around  7:15 last evening at 1775 6th avenue.

Fifteen fire fighters responded from three halls to find smoke coming from a third floor of a four story apartment building.

The lone occupant was cooking on the stove when a pot caught on fire. The occupant was able to escape and the building was evacuated when fire crews arrived. The occupant was not injured. Fire crews were able to knock down the fire quickly and contain the fire to the one apartment.

There was extensive smoke and fire damage to the apartment and light smoke damage to the third floor hallway.
There is no estimated dollar loss at this time.


Knowing how to extinguish kitchen fires goes a long way.

Everyone should have fire extinguishers in the house, type K in the kitchen, type ABC by an exit, and know how to use them.

If Justin gets his wish and legalizes pot I can see this happening more often,Don’t leave your pot on the stove.Thank goodness nobody was hurt.

    ahhahahah don’t leave your pot on the stove.. Hilarious

Comments for this article are closed.