Downtown Prince George Announces 2017-2018 Board Executive
Prince George, B.C. – Downtown Prince George has announced its volunteer Board Executive for 2017-2018.
It includes the following individuals after its annual general meeting earlier this month:
- President – Eoin Foley, Nancy O’s and Betulla Burning
- Vice-President – Kirk Gable, Downtown property owner
- Treasurer – Derek Dougherty, Canadian Western Bank
- Secretary – Janelle Smith, Jon M Duncan Law Corporation
Foley says he’s “proud” to continue as president during a period of “renewed vibrancy and excitement” downtown.,
“I am pleased to continue the great work of our association with a passionate and committed board.”
According to Downtown Prince George, 2016 was a year of accomplishments for the organization including:
- The Façade Improvement Grant Program provided over $100,000 to support 17 downtown projects ranging from paint and signage to complete streetscape transformations.
- With the introduction of the Downtown Winter Carnival along with Downtown Summerfest, it now boasts two major events attracting thousands of people downtown.
“The economic health of our downtown is critical to the overall success of our community,” says executive director Colleen Van Mook. “Over the last year, we have seen 21 new businesses open, new investment and an energy in our downtown that is encouraging to our organization and our city.”