BC Liberals Unveil Shadow Cabinet
Prince George, B.C. – Interim Opposition leader of the BC Liberals Rich Coleman released his party’s critic roles today.
He said the choices were made with an eye to protecting jobs and maintaining a strong economy.
“We have an incredibly strong and experienced team in place to hold the NDP to account,” said Coleman.
“We will take every measure available to ensure that the NDP-Green alliance does not recklessly spend away our future and write cheques that British Columbians will have to pay with increased taxes.”
Of interest to Prince George residents, Prince George-Valemount MLA Shirley Bond has been named Finance critic (along with Tracy Redies).
Meanwhile neighbouring Prince George-Mackenzie MLA Mike Morris has been named Public Safety and Solicitor General critic and Nechako-Lakes MLA John Rustad is Forests, Lands and Natural Resources Operations critic.
The rest of the critics are as follows:
- Advanced Education: Stephanie Cadieux and Simon Gibson
- Agriculture: Norm Letnick and Ian Paton
- Attorney General – Andrew Wilkinson
- Liquor, Gaming and ICBC – John Yap
- Children and Family Development: Laurie Throness
- Childcare: Linda Larson
- Citizens’ Services: Steve Thomson
- Education: Mary Polak and Dan Davies
- Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources, Energy and Mines: Tom Shyptika
- BC Hydro: Daryl Plecas
- Natural Gas and Petroleum Resources: Ellis Ross
- Environment and Climate Change: Peter Milobar
- Rural Development: Donna Barnett
- Health: Mike Bernier and Joan Isaacs
- Indigenous Relations: Dan Ashton
- Jobs, Trade and Technology: Greg Kyllo and Jas Johal
- Trade: Teresa Wat and Steve Thomson
- Labour: John Martin
- Mental Health and Addictions: Jane Thornthwaite
- Municipal Affairs and Housing, Municipal Affairs: Todd Stone
- Housing: Sam Sullivan
- Social Development and Poverty Reduction: Michelle Stilwell and Doug Clovechok
- Transportation and Infrastructure: Jordan Sturdy and Michael Lee
- Small Business: Coralee Oakes
Coleman also made the following appointments:
- Caucus Chair: Jackie Tegart
- House Leader: Mike de Jong
- Whip: Eric Foster
- Deputy Whip: Linda Larson