Two Face String of Charges
Prince George, B.C. – RCMP in Prince George have arrested a man they consider a ‘priority offender” who now faces a string of charges.
Prince George RCMP were called to a Lorne Crescent home on Saturday on a call of a ‘domestic disturbance’. That call resulted in the arrest of two people. Search warrants were later obtained, and when those warrants were executed on the Lorne Crescent home, police seized a number of items:
- Four handguns, two fully loaded and one with a silencer;
- Three long guns with ammunition;
- Various bags of ammunition;
- Bear spray (x2) & Brass knuckles
- Closed circuit cameras
- Large amount of cash
- Four cell phones
- Illicit drugs including methamphetamine, Cocaine and Marihuana
- Drug trafficking paraphernalia
Police say they also located and seized other evidence.
The following charges have been approved by Federal Crown Counsel against 25 year old Ryan John Moore and 26 year old Kathleen Rose Slater, both of Prince George:
- Store Firearms, Prohibited Weapons, Restricted Weapons and Prohibited Devices in a Careless Manner;
- Possession of loaded Prohibited Firearms and loaded Restricted Firearms, without Authorization;
- Store Firearms and Restricted Weapons in a manner contrary to Regulations;
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking (x3).
Moore has also been charged with Possession of Firearms While Prohibited.
Moore has been remanded in custody until his first appearance which was to happen today. Slater has been released on a Promise to Appear in Court on August 17th, 2016
Investigators will be looking into the possibility that these weapons have been used in other offences including the recent spike in shootings in Prince George.