250 News - Your News, Your Views, Now

October 27, 2017 9:54 pm

Substantial Damage in Burden Fire

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 @ 3:19 PM


PG Fire Rescue member  enters smoke filled home. – photo 250News

Prince George, B.C.- A fire  which filled a Burden Street home this morning was most likely sparked by an electrical problem.

There was no one home at the time  when the fire  broke out around 11:24 this morning.

Fifteen firefighters from  three halls with the Prince George Fire  Rescue responded to the  fire in the 800 block of Burden.

Fire crews entered  the building to  find it filled with smoke and the fire was contained to a single room  in the basement.
The fire was extinguished quickly but the room sustained heavy damage.

There were no injuries.
The cause of the fire at this time leads to be electrical.  Damage is estimated to be in the $100,000.00 range.


Sad to read this. Recall in the early 60’s, fellow who lived there fixed bikes, good neighbor.

Comments for this article are closed.