250 News - Your News, Your Views, Now

October 27, 2017 7:55 pm

Child Dies in Valemount Fire

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 @ 11:24 AM

Valemount, B.C. – A tragic trailer park fire has claimed the life of a child in Valemount.

North District RCMP Cpl. Madonna Saunderson says fire crews responded to the blaze just after 10 p.m. last night at the Hartman Trailer Park.

She says the blaze “fully engulfed the home” with three people inside. One, a child, did not survive. The other two family members suffered second-degree burns and have been sent to the burn unit in Vancouver for treatment.

Though the local fire chief does not believe the fire was suspicious, the investigation into the blaze is ongoing.


Wow, this is such a tragic story! I HATE hearing things like this! How sad for this family! I wouldn’t wish this kind of pain and tragedy on anybody, EVER!

Last month I purchased replacement CO2 detectors for my house and just yesterday I purchased replacement smoke detectors. As much as I and others on this site like to put forth our own two cents worth, even if it’s just to take the occasional “jab” at one another, I hope that each and every one of us has working CO2 and smoke detectors in our homes.

Today and everyday, hug your family members and be thankful that you are able to! Stay safe everybody!

Condolences to the family and all affected by this tragedy!

    Agreed. And I might add that every home should have fire extinguishers readily available, at the very least, one general purpose fire extinguisher and one in the kitchen for kitchen fires.

Just an afterthought….

CO2 detectors and smoke detectors are not very expensive and they would make excellent stocking stuffers!

RIP little one.

What sad news :(

Sad, just awful

RIP little one, my deepest sympathies to the family, such a tragic loss :(

Comments for this article are closed.