Happy Family Day!
Monday, February 13, 2017 @ 6:59 AM
Prince George, B.C. -This is the fifth “Family Day ” holiday in B.C. and there are some events planned in Prince George to keep you busy.
- The Ice Oval Society is offering a free public skate from 1 to 3 this afternoon. There will be free skating, free hot chocolate, mascots and music. The forecast is calling for warmer weather on the way, so this may be one of the last opportunities this season to skate on the oval.
- Prince George Cougars have an afternoon game (2 p.m.) and are inviting fans to head to ice level after the game to paint the ice. ( see other story)
- Engage Sport North TRY-IT: Curling at the Prince George Golf and Curling Club from noon till 2. Bring along clean running shoes if you plan to take part.
- At the Ness Lake Bible Camp, there will be tobogganing, ice skating as well as plenty of indoor fun, it’s a free event from 9 a.m till 4:40…but you should call ahead to register.
- Otway Nordic centre on Otway from 11:30 till 1:30 there will be marshmallow roasting, hot chocolate, hot dogs ( for a donation) plus a family snowshoe nature tour at a cost of $10 per family
- The Spruce City Wildlife Association is hosting a free family ice-fishing event at Ferguson Lake. There will be some rods and tackle available if you don’t already have the right gear, but those over 16 MUST have a valid BC Freshwater Fishing License.
- Exploration Place is open from 9 am to 5 at 7 this evening there will be a free lecture on “The Chemistry of Love” there will be a cash bar.