Advance Polls Open Today
Prince George, B.C. – Those looking to cast their ballots in advance of the May 9 B.C. provincial election can do so starting today.
Advance polls will be open throughout the province – including Prince George – from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. today and tomorrow.
In Prince George-Valemount, advance polls will be open in the following locations:
- Columbus Community Centre (7201 Domano Blvd, Prince George)
- Elder Citizens Rec Centre (1692 10th Ave, Prince George)
- Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church (3590 Dufferin Ave, Prince George)
- Elks Hall (172 Holdway St, McBride)
- Golden Years Lodge (1300 Main St, Valemount)
In Prince George-Mackenzie, advance polls will be open in these locations:
- Christ Our Saviour Church Hall (4514 Austin Rd W, Prince George)
- Eagles Hall (6742 Dagg Rd, Prince George)
- Mackenzie Rec Centre (400 Skeena Dr, Mackenzie
In order to vote, you must be a Canadian citizen, be 18 years of age or older on General Voting Day, be a resident of B.C. for six months immediately before General Voting Day and be registered to vote for the electoral district or register in conjunction with voting.
As for ID requirements you need one of the following cards to register and vote: a B.C. driver’s licence or B.C. Services Card (with photo), a B.C. Identification card or a Certificate of Indian Status.
For more information requirements, click here.
There will be six days of advance voting for this election, up from four in the last provincial general election in 2013. Advance voting is available today, tomorrow and Wednesday, May 3 through Saturday, May 6.
In the 2013 Provincial General Election, 366,558 votes (20.34% of total votes) were cast at advance voting opportunities.